Making a move is a major ordeal in most cases. Removals to France are even bigger. It can be difficult to know what to do and how to get all of your things overseas, so you may want to hire a mover to do this for you. However, you want to be sure that you’re making the right decision. Therefore, there are a few things you must do before making your choice.
Things to Do When Choosing an International Mover
1) Before making contact, thoroughly research the company. Go online and check out reviews as well as complaints. Ask friends and family about movers that can help with moving internationally. Soon, you’ll find that you have a list of international movers that you can trust.
2) Compare international movers. Now that you have your list of trusted movers, you must compare them. In order to avoid any surprises later on, you want to find out what is included in their services and what is not.
3) Find out if international moves are their main business. In some cases, a company is a shipping company and moving is just a side income.
4) Find out if the company is legal. It’s not uncommon to find an illegal mover. You can go online and see just how many people have had experience with this- and learned the hard way.
5) Find out how long they have been established and whether or not their staff is full time and experienced. Many companies sub-contract their packing and moving crews. In order to have a successful move, the company must have a successful track record.
6) Find out who is at the other end. You may have a great experience with the person that initiates your move. However, what about the mover on the other end?
7) Find out if they are ISO certified. This means that they perform to a high level and have procedures in place that are monitored on a regular basis.
8) Make sure to have everything in writing. You should never proceed with an international move without having a contract with all the details.
9) Ask yourself if you are comfortable with the mover. If you have any doubts, ask more questions.
Moving internationally is a major move and you want to make sure that you choose a mover that you can trust with your belongings. Consider these points when looking at international movers and you can be assured that you will make the right decision.
Comments Off on Choosing an International Mover